Before you begin your upload, please make note of the following:
- You must have access to the Community Settings in order to upload a map or make any changes/updates to the community. If you hover over your name and you do not see “Community Settings” as an option, then you do not have access to edit or manage a community. Please contact your account administrator for access if available.
- The digital map you are going to upload must be saved to a PNG or JPEG file. In order to preserve the transparency of you map, a PNG file is required and preferred.
Now you can begin UPLOADING YOUR MAP…
- From anywhere in the system, hover over your name and select the Community Settings task;
- From the summary list, select the community you want to upload your map to. Use your search bar if required;
NOTE: If you have not activated your community, the community may appear under the Inactive filter.
When you have found your community, select EDIT on the right-hand side of the screen.
- From the Community information, select the PHASES tab
- Click EDIT on the phase of the map you are adding.
- Next. select the MAP tab
- This is area where you will be uploading your map and drawing polygons.
Select the Map Overlays tab and zoom in and out and use your mouse to drag the system map to find the approximate location of the community. Scroll down to the bottom of the page; Select the +New Map button at the bottom of the page which will prompt a pop-up to select your file.
NOTE: If a map has already been uploaded, it will appear in the list here.
- Enter in the name of your map; It’s usually a good idea to assign a version number in the name as shown below. Select the Choose File button to locate your file on your drive. (Reminder: PNG File types are preferred). Then, select OK to complete your upload.
NOTE: Depending on the size of your file, this may take a few seconds to complete. Once completed, the name of your map will appear in the list at the bottom of the page.
- The next step is to position the map overlay within the system map. On your selected map file, click on position on the right-hand side of the screen to show your map. Use your mouse to drag the anchor in the middle to position your map and drag one of the 4 anchor points on the corners in or out to resize the map overlay as required. Try to line up your map with the existing streets and landscape to the best of your ability.
- Once you have your map positioned, select Save Map Position from the option window on the top right-hand side of the map screen. A confirmation will show that your map position has been saved.